HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

About Norcal Vdub's

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bradford
Admin

PostSubject: About Norcal Vdub's   Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:06 pm

After the first meet, my wife and I got some great questions and thought I would post here to help answer:

Why is this a "group" not a 'club'?
- We wanted to create something low key and fun for people to be involved in. I did not want to stress people out with membership dues and "try outs" as some clubs have had in the past. No pressure.. come if you can, don't if you can't. Call it a club, group, gathering or whatever else you like to call it.. just that the typical 'club' stuff does not apply here. I also want you guys to take ownership. You have something you would like to do, then post it! I might have organized this and will keep organizing events, but feel free to add to what I do! Have fun with this group!

What is a garage day or tech day?
- A chance for people to get together and work on there dub's together. This can be a very good thing for new folks into VW's. You will find we are a giving bunch and will more than happy to help work on your car with you. As long as you are getting dirty with us, we will take you from beginning to end of a project if need be. A lot of us in the group have been working on VW's for over 15 years. So lot's of technical experience available to you. And if you know how to work on your car, it is still fun to do it with others at the same time. Good people, good food and beverage and great cars make for a terrific time!

Do I have to go to everything?
- NO! I would love to see everyone make it to all events.. but that is not reality. Make the ones you can and/or want and just have a good time. This goes back to the 'non-club' thing. I am hoping that out of 50 to 60 people on board, that 10 to 15 will make it to most events. A lot of us have kids and work life can get in the way.. so "NO" stress.. do what you can, when you can.

As more questions come up, I will post answers here! Thanks to all for joining up.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.norcalvdubs.com
Andy
State Route

PostSubject: Re: About Norcal Vdub's   Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:28 pm

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!! This is the kind of group that anyone interested in VW's, whether they own one or not, should feel proud to be a part of. Everyone welcome, no drama, just fun. Thank you for starting this group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator

PostSubject: Re: About Norcal Vdub's   Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:57 pm

JUST HILIGHTING THIS TOPIC AGAIN FOR EVERYONE. THIS IS THE GOAL HERE:

Do I have to go to everything?
- NO! I would love to see everyone make it to all events.. but that is not reality. Make the ones you can and/or want and just have a good time. This goes back to the 'non-club' thing. I am hoping that out of 50 to 60 people on board, that 10 to 15 will make it to most events. A lot of us have kids and work life can get in the way.. so "NO" stress.. do what you can, when you can.

WE NOW HAVE 57 REGISTERED FOLKS HERE. THE LAST TWO TECH DAYS HAVE RESULTED IN ONLY 3-4 FOLKS SHOWING UP, THE SEP. MEET THERE WAS WHAT 5-7 (CARS) THAT SHOWED UP. Embarassed No scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About Norcal Vdub's   

Back to top Go down

About Norcal Vdub's
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1