HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

5+ Quarts of Oil - Yea Boy!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mateo
Admin

PostSubject: 5+ Quarts of Oil - Yea Boy!   Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:17 am

She now holds a little over 5 quarts of oil.
Maybe a little more when she fires up and gets fully lubed.

And I was particular with the placement of the oil filter to maximize airflow around it so she should cool down nicely. That is the hope anyway.

All the electrical is done in the engine compartment. Re-wired most of it. I moved the starter relay to the firewall behind the back seat instead of dangling from the heater tube hanger under the car.

Turned her over without the spark plugs to get the oil flowing into the motor before lift off. After oil came out the pressure sensor port I installed a new set of hot NGK plugs.

If I am succesful and she doesn't blow oil all over the place, I am going to spring for one of them thar fancy coils and a CDI. I plan on mounting both of those behind the firewall as well with one of those fancy coil wire through the firewall jobs.

I need to figure out where/how to run three new wires from the engine compartment up to the dash for some additional gauges.

I have the left carb on and still need to mount the right along with the pully and I think she is good to go.

Both of my battery cable clamps are too big to clamp nicely on the battery posts. It is a smaller type battery so I am not sure if they make an adapter or something for that.

But I am getting there. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bradford
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 5+ Quarts of Oil - Yea Boy!   Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:33 am

I just had to take my deep sump off. I was going down mill st. and hit a bump.. she bottomed out and smacked the oil sump. Took me an hour to get the oil plate off. I guess living here with a lowered rear end and deep sump don't mix. So watch that if your lowered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.norcalvdubs.com
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator

PostSubject: Re: 5+ Quarts of Oil - Yea Boy!   Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:49 pm

OUCH!! Thats not good. I guess its time for an external filter set up huh? Thatll give you a little more capacity Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
Mateo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 5+ Quarts of Oil - Yea Boy!   Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:23 am

I am not planning on lowering her in the back. In fact she needs a little adjustment as she is starting to sag (can you say tech-day). But don't say that out loud around her as she is temperamental.

I am going to do the drop spindles in the front and get a nice rake going on. I personally like the looks of a little forward lean.

So I did the geometry and if my math is correct with the new urethane stops I shouldn't bottom out unless I get into something serious.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5+ Quarts of Oil - Yea Boy!   

Back to top Go down

5+ Quarts of Oil - Yea Boy!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1