HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What did you do with/ to your VW today?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
euphgirl
SacTown

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:05 pm

Changed oil and adjusted valves. Next up is a new steering box and H4s...hoping they come in today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breck

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:31 pm

Drove it to work...drove it home...drove it to work....drove it home....drove it to work..ect ect ect ect........yawn!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
euphgirl
SacTown

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:31 pm

Andy helped me replace my steering box and the H4s. A new steering box feels so nice and different.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mateo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:36 pm

euphgirl wrote:
Andy helped me replace my steering box and the H4s. A new steering box feels so nice and different.

What did you do with your old steering box?

I love rebuilding steering boxes.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Smooth.....As.....Butter Rolling Eyes

- '69 Karmann Ghia Coupe - May(hem) - "WIKED KG" Super Street
- '69 Drag Ghia - Kay(os) -"Wicked Sister"
- Still looking for a low light
Back to top Go down
View user profile
euphgirl
SacTown

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:04 am

I still have it... Not sure what I'm doing with it. :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mateo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:07 am

Well don't toss it...

- '69 Karmann Ghia Coupe - May(hem) - "WIKED KG" Super Street
- '69 Drag Ghia - Kay(os) -"Wicked Sister"
- Still looking for a low light
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MoonMullins

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:12 am

Ha! Very good Breck. Were you going to make it this weekend. If so can you bring your other book on campers. Would like to take a look at it if its ok with you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breck

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:20 pm

Yes Dewey, I will be there and I will bring the book.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
badfishie
SacTown

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:34 pm

So this weekend Lita and I replaced the shocks on DD, installed mud and snow tires on her, replaced the fron tranny mount, adjusted the brakes, got the carb tuned, ended up having to replace the generator and voltage reg....that was saturday...Sunday we got the lights mocked up and wires ran...more to come...SST XIII is 3.5 weeks away...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MoonMullins

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:11 am

Saturday drove the bus around the block. Has an idle issue but shouldn't to hard to figure out. Today hot the horn working. Window are in working order.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:47 pm

Didn't have a chance to post this a few days ago. Sunday evening we put the bus on the lift to do some work to it on Monday. I did get the axles pulled that night ( Sunday).

Dewey is helping me get them cleaned up.

Went to work Sunday night and ended up going home sick. Then spent the last 2 days in the house sick and unable to work on the bus at all. Sad So much for the plan on working on it Monday and Tuesday! LOL

Feeling better now so today I think I will go out and pull the front wheels to get ready to pull the ball joints. Very Happy

Still waiting for the seats to get done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smogman72
VW Guru - Moderator
VW Guru - Moderator

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:59 pm

WOW........UM......WELL ..........WHERE TO BEGIN????

LETS SAY A LITTLE OVER A YEAR AGO MY FASTY (69 FASTBACK) WENT DOWN WITH A OIL LEAK ISSUE. LOST PRESSURE COMING UP THE HILL JUST BELOW WEIMAR GOING HOME TO COLFAX AT THE TIME. TRAILERED IT TO THE SHOP AND ITS BEEN SITTING TILL ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO WHEN I GOT A LITTLE TIME AND FOUND THE SOLENOID BAD ON MY STARTER. REPLACED THAT ( THE WHOLE STARTER. FOUND SOLENIODS FROM $60-90 BUT A COMPLETE STARTER AT AUTOZONE WAS $40). IT SAT AFTER THAT CUS IT SEEMED TO BE SCREAMING (SOMETHING RUBBING SOMEPLACE) COULDNT FIND WHERE IT WAS COMING FROM. THEN IT JUST STOPPED TURNING OVER. ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO FOUND TO MUCH END PLAY SO IM ASSUMING A THRUST WASHER IS BAD OR GONE.

SINCE I PARKED FASTY IVE BEEN DRIVING THE HEARSE (71 SQUAREBACK). WELL ABOUT 1.5 MONTHS AGO IT STARTED LOOSING POWER COMING UP HILLS. AFTER ABOUT COUPLE DAYS OF THAT IT SEEMED TO BE DOING IT ON FLAT LAND. COMPRESSION TEST LEAD TO AN ISSUE IN #2. FOUND THE TOP 2 PISTON RING GAPS ALMOST LINED UP, AND A VALVE SEAT ON THE INTAKE SIDE THAT DROPPED. WELL HAVING A FEW PARTS LAYING AROUND SO I REPLACED THE PISTON AND CONE SINCE THERE WAS SOME SCARING IN THE CONE AND THE HEAD. THAT GOT ME RUNNING AGAIN cheers . WELL........FOR A COUPLE HUNDRED MILES Mad Question Question

I LET IT SIT TILL LAST WEEK DRIVING MY TRUCK. WELL WITH WINTER UPON US AND THE POSSIBILITY OF SNOW I WANT A VW TO DRIVE SINCE A DOGLEGGED TORQUY DIESEL WITH COMMERCIAL STREET TIRES ISNT A HOLE LOT OF FUN IN THE SNOW.

SO.......TURNING THE HEARSE ENGINE OVER BY HAND I WAS ABLE TO GET IT FROM JUST PAST TDC #4 THRU #2 AND ALMOST TO TDC #1. THAT TOLD ME YET ANOTHER ISSUE ON THE #1,2 SIDE Rolling Eyes No . I PULLED THE VALVE COVER AND FOUND A BROKEN VALVE SPRING ON #1 INTAKE! PULLED THE ROCKER ASSEMBLY OFF AND ATTEMPTED TO TURN THE ENGINE OVER AGAIN.......SAME THING Crying or Very sad . TOOK A LOOK AND SAW THE VALVE STEM PUSHED IN SO GRABBED SOME PLIERS AND PULLED ON IT THINKING MAYBE IT GOT STUCK. THIS IS WHAT I ENDED UP WITH. BELIEVE IT OR NOT IT GOT ME FROM THE UPPER COLFAX EXIT TO THE SOUTH COLFAX EXIT THEN IDLED FOR ALMOST 10 MINUTES STARTING TWICE LIKE THIS BEFORE IT WOULDNT TURN OVER. I WAS TRYING TO DETERMINE WHERE THE ISSUE WAS COMING FROM.

SO....OUT CAME THE ENGINE.......PULLED THE HEAD AND........THIS IS WHATS LEFT OF THE #1 PISTON, HEAD, AND VALVE.

SO.....WHAT I AM IN THE PROCESS OF DOING NOW IS TAKING THE PISTONS, CONES AND HEADS OFF THE FASTY ENGINE (SINCE THEY ARE ALMOST NEW) AND CLEANING THE CASE OF THE HEARSE THEN INSTALLING THE FASTY PARTS ONTO IT TO GET ONE RUNNING FOR HOPEFULLY $0.

WELL......WE ALL KNOW THATS NOT HAPPENING.....REMOVING THE INTAKE FROM THE FASTY ENGINE THE INTAKE BOOT FELL APART SO I NEED TO BUY NEW ONES. SO FAR...I THINK I HAVE EVERYTHING ELSE I NEED TO COMPLETE IT. I JUST NEED TO TAKE IT SLOW BECAUSE MY BACK TOOK ME COMPLETELY OUT CHRISTMAS WEEK (NO WORK, BARELY OUT OF BED, AND ADDING TO THE BILLS WITH A CHIROPRACTOR THEN E.R. VISIT. IM DOING MUCH BETTER NOW BUT STILL NOT 100%.

WISH ME LUCK. TRYING TO GET FASTY BACK ON THE ROAD BEFORE THE SNOW HITS.

Call the shop Tues - Fri 8:30-5 at:  530-477-2582
Text me at:  530-613-7192

AIR COOLED FOR LIFE!!!!! Twisted Evil

1972 BODY & PAN FOR SALE (PAN NEEDS BOTH PAN HALVES REPLACED, SOLID BAJA BODY, WILLING TO SEPERATE) $600 OBO (PAID $750)
1970 PAN FOR SALE (WAS A FULL SIZED BUGGY THAT BURNT.  HAS NEW BRAKE HARD LINE MASTER BACK & REAR FLEX LINES, & NEW CONTROL ARM BUSHINGS/BOLTS NOT INSTALLED) $300 OBO PAID $350

NEED A TOW??
RENT ME & MY 91 DODGE DIESEL, TOWBAR, OR FLATBED CAR TRAILER FOR ONLY $1.00 A MILE!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.altasierrasmogstop.com
Breck

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:36 pm

Wow Clif, sorry to here about your back....cars can be fixed.......bad backs are tricky.....hope you feel better and I know that you will get your car running. Breck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zuhaelter_82
SacTown

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:02 pm

I have a two torn disks... I feel your pain! Feel better brother and I hope your motor issue gets squared away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:03 am

Got a few things done today. Well kind of done. LOL

Hubby made a tool to take the ball joints out! OH, and he say's no, he doesn't want to do anybody's ball joints. LOL He didn't even want to do mine! LOL

Not pretty but it did the job!

We got one back in but will finish the job tomorrow.

I also got my axles back from the "cleaners" lol, and I got those packed and put back together. Will install them tomorrow. You guy's are going to love the color I painted them! LOL

I will update my thread when I get everything put back together so I can have before and after pics! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MoonMullins

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:41 pm

That's purple!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breck

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:54 pm

Sweet!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:09 pm

Here they are on the bus! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MoonMullins

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:58 pm

Did you get the front all apart yet? Bob said the drivers side is all yours. LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:11 pm

MoonMullins wrote:
Did you get the front all apart yet? Bob said the drivers side is all yours. LOL

Haha haha. I don't think so. I'll just bat my eyes at him and he will do it for me! LOL I would actually do it but I have to give him something to do so he doesn't get bored! LOL Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
justcruzin

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:56 pm

Put the seats back in! Very Happy

Yah, I"m pretty stoked on how they turned out! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeinch

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:46 am

That looks great!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MoonMullins

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:30 am

I don't think she will mind if I just switch with mine.... Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
badfishie
SacTown

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:28 pm

Looks good kim Smile

This weekend DD got 4 point harnesess installed, a new carb installed. Chanis on her 165's. Chains tested in the mud next to Skinners shop. Back up lights fixed. Stereo should arrive today. Got a CB antenna and mount...need cord for antenna...all in all she is getting closer to Shasta ready. Big thanks to Greg U. Lonny, Lita everyone at the Nor Cal Rellics party, Skinners party and the Kombi Haus wreching party. Plus Bob and Kim for the numerous times DD has been on the lift Smile

This is gonna be one hell of a trip with lots of pics and video
Back to top Go down
View user profile
my65rhd
SacTown

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:07 pm

Well..........uhhhhhh Hmmmm Just drove it this morning
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with/ to your VW today?   

Back to top Go down

What did you do with/ to your VW today?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next