Norcal Vdubs

Northern California's Largest VW Enthusiasts Group

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Well I figured it couldn't run any worse...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
monkeykoder

PostSubject: Well I figured it couldn't run any worse...   Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:01 pm

So I fiddled with all the screws I could find to adjust it and somehow (lots of reading and watching videos of well running bugs) she seems to be running much better. Just a few more twists here and there and I'll bet she'll be in pretty decent running condition (I might need some help from someone that actually knows what they're doing...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breck

PostSubject: Re: Well I figured it couldn't run any worse...   Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:31 pm

Hell no Monkey sounds like you got it sorted!!!!! Just kidding, which carb?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monkeykoder

PostSubject: Re: Well I figured it couldn't run any worse...   Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:59 pm

Well the label says 30/31 PICT that's all I know at this exact moment. She's doing a fair sight better than she was last Sunday when I missed tech day. I would have tried to make it but it seems my new starter died on me and I don't live anywhere near a hill, at least one that would get her started before I hit the bottom.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LuvnVdubn

PostSubject: Re: Well I figured it couldn't run any worse...   Wed May 30, 2012 3:05 am

Hey monkey, I live less than 10 minutes from Denios, so if you need some assistance. let me know brotha! since I learned how to dial my 30/31 I've been itching to get to another one with issues! It's freaking sucks to fight with the damn thing, but once you conquer the battle and you feel your V-dub run TITTS for the first time, it's down right EPIC! cheers
let me know if I can help!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monkeykoder

PostSubject: Re: Well I figured it couldn't run any worse...   Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:43 pm

It's been a long time of life getting in the way of working on my baby. It seems right now the last thing I have to dial in is a misfire/backfire (varies based on RPM mostly) on cylinder #4.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monkeykoder

PostSubject: Re: Well I figured it couldn't run any worse...   Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:45 am

monkeykoder wrote:
It's been a long time of life getting in the way of working on my baby. It seems right now the last thing I have to dial in is a misfire/backfire (varies based on RPM mostly) on cylinder #4.

Next time I'll be a little bit more careful when I replace the spark plugs it seem #4 got knocked around on it's way in closing the gap completely. And here I was thinking "everything should be sparking I just replaced the plugs and wires and the distributor is fine."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well I figured it couldn't run any worse...   

Back to top Go down

Well I figured it couldn't run any worse...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1